Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Another SP Roll Top Pencil Box


 Anyone who follows this blog knows that I have a very large Sterling Plastic collection. Sterling Plastic made many of the school and office supplies in the 60s and 70s. All US made. One of the most popular items were the roll top pencil boxes. Starting on the left is the box I just received. A orange and yellow SP #526. Next is my other SP #526 pencil box. Two on the right are the Hasbro roll top models.

I don't think the roll top boxes were real durable because the prices on these are high compared to the other SP boxes. They do however seem to hold up in the Supply Room. I have been keeping pencils and pens in my boxes.

Great boxes. I don't know what other colors they came in.

 This new one is in good condition except for some marks on the bottom. Lid retracts just fine and someone will get plenty of good use out of this box.

 Here are the Hasbro boxes. Both in great shape and ready to use. No model number on these boxes. Add them all to your collection.

1 comment:

  1. I have a question about a roll top pencil case. I have a ALL red one. The printing on the back says

    STERLING (SP) NO.526
    MADE IN U.S.A. PAT. APPL. FOR.
    (c) 1960

    Now I've only been able to find this in ALL RED under Hasbro.

    Its not in the best condition, part of the case is broke and missing. It is also a family hand-me down, so selling it really isn't what I'm trying to do. But i was just wondering if i could MAYBE get some more info on this piece. Thank you

    ReplyDelete