Tuesday, May 14, 2013

New Carded Papermate Ops N Pops Pen

 
I have never seen a carded Ops N Pops pen before and this one had a design I did not have in my collection. I had said some time back that all I wanted was to have ten pens. Well I guess I was wrong and I am still missing two designs. The ten on the left are all in great condition and are led by the yellow pen on the far left with black dots that was on Mad Men. The three in the middle are not collector material. With use the designs do wear off and this is what happens. One of the pens with wear also went to Mad Men. Then I see the carded one. The card is in great shape and the pen looks the same as it did in 1968. I find it interesting that the pen is held to the card with plastic strips that would need to be cut to get the pen out. I wonder if they were having a problem with the pens being stolen from the stores. This was about the time that counter top displays were on their way out. I also found that in the late 60s there was a dance and a song called the Ops N Pops and it is on youtube. Add these great pens to your collection.Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment