Sunday, March 24, 2013

My Lindy Pens

 
Growing up in the 60s and even into the 70s I always liked Lindy pens. I remember them because there was always a rainbow of colors and sizes to pick from. I also remember when you could get a dozen on Ebay for pennies because nobody wanted them. This is one of my best collections.  I am missing some of the Lindy pens used for advertising but the basic pens that were made from the 1940s to the 1980s are in my collection. The case on the top left has some of the pens that were put through the printing machine and just left there. Lindy never intended for the public to see these pens but thanks to a friend in Woodland Hills California the pens are in my collection, Thanks Teresa. The clear experimental Lindys were also never intended to see the light of day yet here they are. I do know I am missing two of the original thirteen colors yellow and silver. The bottom row of Lindy ball points pens are another matter. I have most of them but I am sure there are some ball point click pens out there I do not have yet. That however is all part of the fun. I have added Lindy pens to my list of pens that I will be selling and I will have both working and non working. The four loose Lindy pens at the bottom right are the ones in the daily rotation.  Add all these great pens to your collection. Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Glad you have such a great collection of Lindy pens, George!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name's Lindy. My mom said she liked the name after seeing these pens back in the 60's so she named me Lindy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Send me an email at moose@hot.rr.com and I can send you a lindy pen.

    ReplyDelete