Monday, September 19, 2011

Summer's over. Back to the BICs

 
Posted by Picasa
Plenty to look at in this picture. My collection of old pen and pencil ads is growing and they are great for researching all the old pen and pencils in my collection. I will say that this BIC ad is one of my favorite of all time. Published in the early 70s when I was out of the country this ads shows what was on the school supply shelves at your local stores. The Student Bargain Pack is indeed rare. Eight pens with ink color the same as the body of the pen. I have never seen any of these pens before. In some counties you can get similar pens but never like these. There is one more BIC ads that I am looking for and will own soon. Yes that is a new background that this stuff is sitting on. Cloth material with pens, pencils, rulers and compasses on it. Add the ad and all the pens to your collection.

2 comments:

  1. George,

    I must say that seeing the Bic Banana reminds me of Charles Nelson Reilly.. :) Have you ever seen that Bic Banana commercial? Also, it is interesting to me that Bic Cristals are more inexpensive than they used to be. One can routinely find a pack of 10 for $1.00 to $1.30 at big chain stores.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently had a chance to try a French-made Bic (yellow barrel) with a fine point, and it was way better than the ones from Mexico. Another great posting as usual. You should submit this posting to the October Carnival!

    http://economypens.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete