Sunday, May 2, 2010

Another Papermate Ops N Pops

 
Posted by Picasa
Let me introduce number "8" to the collection. The yellow one on the right. The collection of these great pens from 1967 is growing but we have a ways to go. I seem to have all the colors but if you go back to my very first post on 15 May 2009 you will see that I am still missing five designs. My original post which is a picture of the Papermate Ops N Pops Ad from 1967 there are 12 pens. I am missing 4 from the top row and 1 from the bottom row. They are getting very hard to find. Who out there is collecting all these great pens? We will continue the search and don't forget to add them all to your collection.

5 comments:

  1. Man oh man. I had 4 of these when I was 12. Yesterday, on a whim, I looked to see if I could find them on eBay. Imagine my surprise when I found your blog and saw that they go for upwards of $100 each! Now I wish I had my original 4. I had the yellow one with checkers, the purple one with swirls, an orange one with swirls, and a white one with swirls. They're long gone by now. Thanks so much for posting this! I'm writing a blog about the pens I've known, and will include a link back to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May 9th: eBay seller has the white one with angled lines. Seller name is aztek37.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a few in the 60s also. It seem to me that they were $1.50 each. I paid less for the newest one but $110.00 for another one. Set up with EBay to notified you when one is up for bid. They are nice pens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are indeed nice pens, and I do wish I still had mine. I wrote a little blog about my pen collecting and linked to your blog. You can read mine here: www.gemellajewelry.wordpress.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had been looking for one of these (to replace a purple one I had in the late 60's). I'm surprised Papermate hasn't done a nostalgia remake of this line!

    ReplyDelete