Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Smash Pen and Pencil Set

Here is a new item in the supply room. Back on 4 Aug 2009 I was reading the great review of the Pentel Smash Q1005 at Dave's Mechanical Pencils. I did not have one in the inventory. At the same time Mr. Pentel over at Pencils 11 had a Smash Q1005 pencil with a matching B1000 ball point pen for sale. Today they showed up at the supply room. These do not need any review and there is no time to waste. Get yourself a set. I believe there may be more over at Pencils 11. This is one of the best pen and pencil sets to come along and it is top of the line Pentel. These go into the daily rotation. The refill for the pen will take a while to find but I am working on it.Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new set! I enjoy my Smash pencil quite a bit. The pair looks quite nice in their box, though personally I have no use for ballpoint pens. These days I prefer the smoothness of gel pens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ball point has a fine line refill but, the refill is small, just 2 1/2" long. It looks like a refill for a multi pen. The refill is a Pentel KFS7 and is not sold in the US. Will keep looking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. zebra makes one that should fit? or can modify....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooooohhhh it looks so sleak. I like alot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Midoco in Toronto has about a dozen of these sets, but the pen/pencils have no writing on the barrel (they are the same design, in an all black velvety case, that says pentel in red) and were selling them for about $15 cdn.
    The pen refill is for a mini-pen, like the yafa poquito.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good info Tony, I did find a refill for the pen at a store called Hobby Lobby, works great. I was surprised that the refill was so small, after all it not a multi pen.

    ReplyDelete